Please remember that the sessions below are weather dependent and that they may change on the night to accommodate for poor running conditions, tentative club sessions for the next couple of months are below (SUBJECT TO CHANGE)
We need volunteers to help leading the sessions on tuesday and thursday evenings. If you are willing to help please get in touch.
Training sessions are done in training groups, an explanation about the groups can be found here http://www.heatonharriers.org.uk/training/training-groups/
The training plan from now until March is based on a 4 week cycle of hard, medium hard, very hard and then an easy week. Each week is then broken down as follows:
- Mondays are rest / recovery days (sauna/swim/massage etc)
- Tuesdays are very hard club session
- Wednesdays are easy run
- Thursdays are medium hard club session
- Fridays are medium longer relaxed run
- Weekends are as follows, if competing on Saturday make Sunday’s long run easy/medium paced. If not competing on Saturday do a shorter fast run on Saturday and make Sunday’s long run medium/fast paced. If competing on Sunday have a rest/recovery (sauna/swim/massage etc) on Saturday, compete on Sunday and have a relaxed shorter recovery run on Monday. DO NOT COMPETE ON BOTH DAYS.
Try to grade your competitive runs in the following three categories:
A – important race or pb attempt
B – possible time trial or faster run(e.g. Parkrun, NEHL)
C – particpation/social run, for club points or fun
In any one four week period try to limit competitions to one A, one B, one C and one no-race week.
Tuesday 9th December
4-6x 1 mile effort 60% recovery, @Balliol. If meeting there please be there by 7:20.
Distance: Club to session 1.6 miles, session 4-6 miles, session to club 1.6 miles, total mileage 7-9 miles.
Thursday 11th December
Fast running plyometrics/very low hurdles with Trevor @Armstrong Bridge, if meeting at the Bridge please be there by 7:15
Distance: Club to session 2 mile, session unknown, session to club 2 mile, total 4 miles
Saturday 13th December
North Easterns XC Town Moor
Tuesday 16th December
Gosforth Central Park Paarlauf, 25 mins
Distance: club to session 2.2 miles, session 2-3 miles, session to club 2.2 miles, total mileage 6.5-7.5 miles
Thursday 18th December
Ted’s Xmas Meal @The Ship, no club session
Tuesday 23rd December
Club Handicap @Wallsend details here, Please note NO session at Blueflames, please meet at Wallsend as per link. You will need to warmup prior to race start. Buffet and quiz at Lindisfarne Club after race, everybody welcome, you do not need to race to attend social night.
Distance: 5k (3.1 miles)
Thursday 25th December
Tuesday 30th January
Thursday 1st January
Resolution Run @Town Moor
Tuesday 6th December
Thursday 8th January