Heaton Harriers Club Training Schedule : September 2021
Since September 2021 the Newcastle University Cochrane Park Sports Ground, Etherstone Avenue, NE7 7JX is our base and most (but not all) of our sessions start from there.
- Exceptions prove the rule, and the session on Thursday Sept 1st will be a 7pm start in the Rising Sun Country Park! There are also a few other sessions during the month where we make the most of the fading light to squeeze in runs at the Rising Sun.
- We have and are developing new routes/venues for runs within 10 mins of Cochrane Park. At this stage it will be easiest if we all gather at CP for a 7pm start. Please be there for 6:55pm for any announcements and a prompt start.
- There will be designated Changing Rooms available exclusively to HH (men & women) from 6:45pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays. They will be locked at 7pm and re-opened on our return from the session.
1ST TUESDAYS is Heaton Harriers Club Night in the Bar at Cochrane Park
We have agreed with Cochrane Park that they will open their bar for us on the first Tuesday of each month between 7:30-9:30pm. The idea is that we develop it into a Club Night where not only runners from that evening’s session gather but also any club member can drop in and catch up with colleagues.
Tuesday September 7th is the first one. Please make a special effort to be there!
A change to the timing. From this month, the Monthly Mile will be on the LAST Monday of the month. The next one will be on September 27th.
Please continue to take personal responsibility for good Covid19 habits and in particular
- Please do not turn up if you have any symptoms of potential illness.
- If you do join the session, ensure that you practice appropriate social distancing and hygiene practices.
- Remember, also, that you still representing your club in these training sessions so please be mindful of other members of the public and apply social distancing guidelines to everyone and not just your group.
Stay Safe and Keep Running!
Club Sessions: September 2021
|N.B. New locations for start of sessions!|
|Thursday 2nd Sept||Dukes Pond Laps – approx 0.4mile||1 km pace||Area outside Rising Sun Country Park Café (NE12 9SS)||30 min session. Alternate loops with partner. One runs, other recovers|
|Sunday 5th||Long Run @9am||Comfortable||Car Park at COCHRANE PARK (NE7 7JX)||Distance & pace per group|
|1st session where we meet at Cochrane Park. Changing Rooms available and the Bar is open to HH Members (running or not) 7:30-9:30pm|
|Tuesday 7th||Tempo & Pace. 2x 3km||tempo||COCHRANE PARK (NE7 7JX)||3km, 4 min recovery,3km|
|Thursday 9th||200m Relays||Fast!||C.P.||Runner 1 runs to runner 2 to 3, 12 min, 2 min break, repeat 12|
|Sunday 12th||Long Run @9am||Comfortable||Car Park at CP||Distance & pace per group|
|Tuesday 14th||Tempo 5 mile||10km pace||C.P.||Even paced run|
|Thursday 16th||Hills. Fig 8 at Rising Sun||Full effort up, easy down||TOP OF HILL @ Rising Sun||30 mins continuous loop|
|Sunday 19th||Long Run @9am||Comfortable||Car Park at CP||Distance & pace per group|
|Tuesday 21st||800m reps||1 mile pace||west street, meet 6.50 for 7 o clock start.||30 mins. 800m, 50% time recovery, repeat|
|Thursday 23rd||400m Reps||1 km pace||C.P.||30 min session with 2 min recovery between reps|
|Sunday 26th||Long Run @9am||Comfortable||Car Park at CP||Distance & pace per group|
|Monday 27th||Monthly Mile||Warm up so ready to race on ‘Go’||Junction of West St & Rutland Rd (NE28 8QH)||Sign up @ 7pm with starts from 7:15pm|
|Tuesday 28th||Tempo Inverted Pyramid! 1lap-then 2 laps-then 3 laps||5km pace||C.P. @7pm Paddy Freeman park @ 7:15pm||Each lap is approx. 0.75 mile. 2 mins between reps|
|Thursday 30th||Out & Back||10km||C.P.||20 mins out, 18 mins back|
Please note, when forming mini-groups at the start of a session ensure that you agree a pace and then keep to it! For each session there is guidance on the pace. Some people are too modest in stating the pace that they will run then go off and run faster. This is disruptive for others in the group and detrimental to the session. Be realistic but challenge yourself too!