Since September 2021 the Newcastle University Cochrane Park Sports Ground, Etherstone Avenue, NE7 7JX is our base and most (but not all) of our sessions start from there.
- Exceptions prove the rule, and the session on Thursday Sept 1st will be a 7pm start in the Rising Sun Country Park! There are also a few other sessions during the month where we make the most of the fading light to squeeze in runs at the Rising Sun.
- We have and are developing new routes/venues for runs within 10 mins of Cochrane Park. At this stage it will be easiest if we all gather at CP for a 7pm start. Please be there for 6:55pm for any announcements and a prompt start.
- There will be designated Changing Rooms available exclusively to HH (men & women) from 6:45pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays. They will be locked at 7pm and re-opened on our return from the session.
1ST TUESDAYS is Heaton Harriers Club Night in the Bar at Cochrane Park
We have agreed with Cochrane Park that they will open their bar for us on the first Tuesday of each month between 7:30-9:30pm. The idea is that we develop it into a Club Night where not only runners from that evening’s session gather but also any club member can drop in and catch up with colleagues.
This month, we will be running the Club Handicap 5km (on a new course) followed by…
1ST TUESDAY of the month Check-in @ Checkley’s Heaton Harriers Club Night in the Bar at Cochrane Park
All members (running or not) are welcome on the first Tuesday of each month between 7:30-9:30pm. The idea is that we develop it into a regular Club Night where not only runners from that evening’s session gather but also any club member can drop in and catch up with colleagues. Please make a special effort to be there!
- As the nights draw in please wear hi-vis clothing for your own safety and those running with you.
- We are still developing new training routes and areas near to our Cochrane Park base. Wherever possible, please join the session at C.P. until we have established the new locations.
- In the reception area at Cochrane Park there is a Heaton Harriers dedicated Noticeboard. Take a look to be up to date on latest Club news.
- A reminder that HH designated Changing Rooms are available at C.P. each Tuesday and Thursday for our exclusive use. They will be locked at 7pm and re-opened on our return from the session.
Please continue to take personal responsibility for good Covid19 habits and in particular
- Please do not turn up if you have any symptoms of potential illness.
- If you do join the session, ensure that you practice appropriate social distancing and hygiene practices.
- Remember, also, that you still representing your club in these training sessions so please be mindful of other members of the public and apply social distancing guidelines to everyone and not just your group.
Stay Safe and Keep Running!
Club Sessions: October 2021
|Unless stated, please meet up at CP @ 6:55pm for 7pm departure|
|Sunday 3rdOctober||Long Run @9am||Comfortable||Car Park at Cochrane Park (NE7 7JX)||Distance & pace per group|
|1st Tuesday Check-in @ Checkley’s Cochrane Park. Bar is open to HH Members (running or not) 7:30-9:30pm|
|Tuesday 5th||Club Handicap 5km||RACE PACE!||Cochrane Park||Sign up from 7pm for 7:15pm start|
|Thursday 7th||400m Reps||1 km pace||C.P.||30 min session with 2 min recovery between reps|
|Sunday 10th||Long Run @9am||Comfortable||Car Park at CP||Distance & pace per group|
|Tuesday 12th||Tempo, 2*2 mile||10km pace||C.P.||3-5 min recovery|
|Thursday 14th||Out & Back||10km pace||C.P.||20min Out,18min Back|
|Sunday 17th||Long Run @9am||Comfortable||Car Park at CP||Distance & pace per group|
|Tuesday 19th||Hills, Mathew Bank||Effort Up, recovery Down||C.P. @ 6:55pm or MB @7:15pm||30 mins session|
|Thursday 21st||Parlauf (Fast & Easy)||Fast lap of park, recovery when partner runs||C.P.@ 6:55pm or Park in Gosforth (St Nicholas Av, NE3 1RG) @ 7.15pm||30 mins of alternate laps with partner.|
|Sunday 24th||Long Run @9am||Comfortable||Car Park at C.P.||Distance and pace per group|
|Monday 25th||Monthly Mile||Warm up so ready to race on ‘Go’||Junction of West St & Rutland Rd (NE28 8QH)||Sign up @ 7pm with starts from 7:15pm|
|Tuesday 26th||1km Reps|
|5km pace||C.P. @ 6.55pm |
session starts 7.15 balliol(map on homepage post)
|30 mins, half run time recoveries|
|Thursday 28th||Pace, 200m Relay||Fast||C.P.||3 person teams. 2*15mins, 3 min break|
|Sunday 31st||Long Run @9am N.B. Clocks!||Comfortable||Car Park at CP||Distance & pace per group|
Please note, when forming mini-groups at the start of a session ensure that you agree a pace and then keep to it! For each session there is guidance on the pace. Some people are too modest in stating the pace that they will run then go off and run faster. This is disruptive for others in the group and detrimental to the session. Be realistic but challenge yourself too!